[LDM #UAK-912261]: data flow problems

Karen,

On top of Steve's comments, I thought I might throw in a few suggestions.

I've seen this type of problem before when there's two machines fighting
over the same IP address, or when there's some problem with the network
port or cabling.  You'd see complaints in /var/log/messages if there
were an IP conflict, and you've replaced the network card, so most of
that ground has been covered.  Try running "ethtool" on the network
interface to make sure it is configured at the speed/duplex that you
expected it should be.

I agree that the notifyme failure to localhost on pluto is concerning
and should at least be tracked down to either an iptables issue, a host
name/dns lookup issue, or possibly a issue binding the LDM to all
interface ports (in_addr_any).  Let us know the output of;

 lsof | egrep "rpc.ldmd.*TCP"

and

 notifyme -vl - -h {pluto|pluto's IP|127.0.0.1}

I can't think of anything else for now...

mike

Ticket ID: UAK-912261
Department: Support LDM