[LDM #RFJ-134602]: Fwd: LDM Data Feed from CDAAC

Karl,

> Last nite while not sleeping I had an epiphony and this morning I fixed
> the problem. The ldm daemon has to be set uid root. I guess you know that
> that means? I need to go look at Unidata documentation, I bet it is right
> there.

That's correct.  Two installed LDM utilities need to be setuid and
owned by root: bin/rpc.ldmd and bin/hupsyslog.  The first is
necessary in order for the LDM to listen on its registered
port (388) and the second is necessary for correct logging using
the system daemon (syslogd).

> --
> Dr. Karl Hudnut        System Administrator      UCAR - COSMIC
> address@hidden    http://www.cosmic.ucar.edu    303 497 8024

Ticket ID: RFJ-134602