[Support #TXN-293177]: LDM 6.6.5: make failure on Intel Mac (OS X 10.5)

Dave,

I had a chance to get a core-dump of a hung LDM process on Virga
this morning.  Unfortunately, the operating-system wouldn't let
a corefile be created.  So I restarted the LDM and modified Virga
to allow coredumps.  The changes were 1) adding the entry
"COREDUMPS=-YES-" to the file "/etc/hostconfig"; 2) enabling
write permission to the directory "/cores" by "other"; and 3) changing
"limit coredumpsize 0" in file ~ldm/.cshrc to "limit coredumpsize
unlimited".

Interestingly, sending the hung downstream LDM process a SIGQUIT
didn't cause it to terminate (as it should have).  Instead, I
had to send it a SIGABRT.

Now we have to wait, again, for a downstream LDM to hang.

Ticket ID: TXN-293177