[Support #TXN-293177]: LDM 6.6.5: make failure on Intel Mac (OS X 10.5)

Dave,

> Virga's LDM stopped saving IDS+ data this morning; when I tried to
> stop it ("ldmadmin stop") it refused ("Waiting for the LDM to
> terminate") for almost an hour (I was in class). I tried killing it
> manually but couldn't seem to finish off all the rpc processes.
> Running "ldmadmin stop" again produced and error message ("Feb 19
> 17:51:00 UTC virga.sfsu.edu : make_lockfile: another ldmadmin process
> exists"), followed by endless more of "Waiting for the LDM to
> terminate".
>
> I finally killed the rpc processes with "kill -9 ###", deleted the
> queue (not much choice: "The writer-counter of the product-queue is
> not zero.  Either a process has the product-queue open for writing or
> the queue might be corrupt."), remade the queue, and got things
> rolling again.
>
> Can you see anything diagnostically meaningful from your perspective?

I was on Virga as the LDM user when you restarted the LDM.  I saw that
the downstream LDM process that should receive IDS data from
idd.unidata.ucar.edu wasn't doing anything.  I also saw that the log
file timestamps were in local time instead of UTC.

I haven't yet figured-out what the problem is.

> -- Dave

> *   Dr. Dave Dempsey                        |       ^   ___
> \|/     *
> *   Dept. of Geosciences                    |  ) ^     /||_||\
> --0--  *
> *   San Francisco State University   | )  )    /  ||_||  \    /|\     *
> *   1600 Holloway Ave.                      |  )  )  /   ||_||
> *   San Francisco, CA   94132          |  )  ) /    ||_||      \   ^   *
> *
> *   Phone:  (415) 338-7716               |  )  )  )~||~||~~~~ \~~*
> *   FAX:      (415) 338-7705               | )  )  )  ) ~  ~  ~ ~ ~ ~*
> *   Email:   address@hidden        |  )  )   )  ) ) ~  ~   ~ ~ *

Ticket ID: TXN-293177