[LDM #FHK-308110]: NOAAPort feed problems

Mark,

> I've had a need to setup acqserver to pull NOAAPort data from NCDC's
> servers for a new customer of ours.  However, I've hit a bit of a
> problem.  The acqserver is installed on one of my LDM servers (that
> feeds Eastern and Southern regions) and after about 5-6 days the hard
> drive starts thrashing and the entire system crashes.  I suspect the
> problem is having acqserver AND ldmd inserting data into the product
> queue at the same time.  So, here's my question, is this possible to fix?

I don't know what "acqserver" is.

The product-queue module in the LDM library is designed to allow
concurrent access to the queue by multiple processes.

Can you tell what process is causing the disk "thrashing"?

> And if not, is there a way to run a second LDM server on that same box
> that feeds only NOAAPort data and doesn't clobber the LDM install that's
> feeding the regions?

A second LDM can be installed on the same system.  Another user-name
must be used (e.g., "ldm2").   A different port must be specified
using the "--enable-port=..." option of the "configure" script.  A downstream
LDM will have to be told to use this different port in their the REQUEST
entries in its LDM configuration-file (e.g., "REQUEST NPORT .*
some.host.name:port").

> --
> Mark Haney
> Sr. Systems Administrator