[LDM #DCW-448836]: pqsurf dying on SunOS 5.11, LDM 6.6.5

Art,

> I thought that was the job of a decoder...

Not quite.  A decoder for Neilley's Weather program would still have to
break up the WMO bulletins and act upon the subcomponents in a user-
configurable way.  It was easier at the time to create "pqsurf" and
give it its own product queue that a separate "pqact" process would read.

The problem is that the Weather program is deprecated (in favor of
GEMPAK, which doesn't need the bulletins broken-up), and someone else's
responsibility.  Nevertheless, I have to keep "pqsurf" going for people
who still use it.

> I seem to recall there's some function going on in there relating to
> elimination of duplicates... I don't remember if it's using md5's or
> something else.

I don't think that's the problem.

I rebuilt the LDM on "ls3" with support for debugging enabled.  Would
you mind stopping the LDM, installing the new version, and starting the
LDM so as to get a new corefile from the "pqact" child-process of "pqsurf"?

Regards,
Steve Emmerson

Ticket ID: DCW-448836
Department: Support LDM