[LDM #IIX-893121]: Question...

Hi Gerry,

re:
> My late, great sys admin, James, just sent me this:
> http://readlist.com/lists/redhat.com/redhat-list/3/16227.html

Very interesting indeed.

Question:

- was the reboot of sasquatch on October 15 done intentionally, or did the
  machine spontaneously reboot

- closely associated with the previous question: if the machine was rebooted
  intentionally, was it done to install a new kernel

> I'm going to take the system down at 10am CDT tomorrow and run memtest
> just to make sure.

Sounds like an excellent plan!

> Then I'mm gonna rmmod the ECC checking module.

Very good.  We would do the same thing.

Aside: it is our impression that commodity electronic shops like Best Buy and
Frys
do not typically carry ECC REGistered memory.  All of the higher performance
machines
that we maintain here at the UPC require ECC REGistered memory, so we are not
able to take care of those fantastic deals we seen in the Sunday ads where 2 GB
of memory can be purchased for $79.99 (sigh).

> My hair's now on fire.

:-)

Ticket ID: IIX-893121
Department: Support LDM