[LDM #TTU-166657]: issues with ldm installation

Shelley,

> I've attached the config.log file.  It mustn't have made
> it through last time.

I asked for the file "configure.log".  I think I found the
problem in the file "config.log", however:

    configure:2647: c89 -c -O -xarch=generic64  conftest.c >&5
    gcc: language arch=generic64 not recognized

It appears that "c89" is just a link to "gcc".
This linkage renders your build environment non-conforming,
unfortunately, because The CFLAGS
parameter is set by the "configure" script using the "getconf"
utility, which assumes the native C compiler (i.e., SUN's) rather
than "gcc".

If the "gcc" compiler is used, then the resulting LDM system
will not support large product-queues (larger than about 2
gigabytes).  Do you want to support large product-queues?
If so, then you should unlink "c89" and "gcc" and start over.

If you don't need to support large product-queues, then start
over using the "configure" script's "--disable-max-size" option:

    ./configure --disable-max-size ...

Ticket ID: TTU-166657