[LDM #BKC-450782]: Trouble with 'make install_setuids' command

Hi Jonas,

re:
> Description of problem: I have attached the output of the command.  There are
> a number of errors and I cannot determine their source.

The contents of the file you sent seem to indicate that you had not built the
LDM before running 'make install_setuids' as 'root'.

As a reminder, the procedure for building the LDM is:

<logged in as 'ldm'>
-- download the current release of the LDM
-- unpack the distribution:

cd ~ldm
tar xvzf ldmd-6.6.5.tar.gz

-- build the distribution

cd ldm-6.6.5.src
./configure
make
make install

- finish the build/install as 'root'

su
<pass>
cd ~ldm/ldm-6.6.5/src
make install_setuids
exit

- (re)create the needed runtime link:

cd ~ldm
rm -f runtime
ln -s ldm-6.6.5 runtime
ln -s runtime/* .

- create two directories needed/used for decoders and auxiliary functions:

mkdir ~ldm/decoders
mkdir ~ldm/util

- make sure to add the ~ldm/decoders and ~ldm/util directories to the PATH
  of 'ldm' along with ~ldm/bin

- create the data and logs directories as real directories or links to ones
  on another file system:

cd ~ldm

Make as real directories:

mkdir data
mkdir data/logs
ln -s data/logs logs

Make as links to directories on another file system.  For sake of argument,
assume
that you have a directory /data/ldm on another file system and /data/ldm is
read/writable by 'ldm':

cd ~ldm
ln -s /data/ldm data
mkdir data/logs
ln -s data/logs logs

- modify ~ldm/etc/ldmadmin-pl.conf if you need to:

  - set your hostname since a 'uname -n' does not return a fully-qualified
    hostname

  and/or

  - change the size of your LDM product queue

- (re)make your LDM queue:

  ldmadmin delqueue
  ldmadmin mkqueue

- configure your data ingestion preferences in ~ldm/etc/ldmd.conf

- configure your processing actions in ~ldm/etc/pqact.conf

- start the LDM and start receiving data

That's it in a nutshell...

Ticket ID: BKC-450782
Department: Support LDM