[Support #ZJD-551179]: LDM at AF Academy

Daniel,

> You mentioned contacting you when we received our hardware and approval to
> run the LDM, well I now have both.  I've received a Red Hat LINUX 64bit
> system, have downloaded the LDM software, and requested a fully qualified
> host name from my network admin folks.  However, I have a few questions:
> 1.      The preinstall instructions mention creating the LDM user in
> /usr/local/ldm, but Linux uses /home/ldm...do I still need to create a
> directory in the /usr/local path or will /home/ldm work?

You may safely ignore "/usr/local" in the examples -- just use
whatever is the LDM user's home directory.

> 2.      After I get the host name and boundary/firewall modification for port
> 388, what next?

I'm not sure what you're asking.  If port 388 is untouched by your
firewall rules, then all is good and there's nothing more you need
do regarding that issue.

> 3.      I'll need an upstream host I guess...do I request that from
> address@hidden<mailto:address@hidden>?

Yes.

> Cheers,
> Dan Colwell