[LDM #DMV-216735]: Building new LDM site

Patrick,

> I realized that the 'ulimit' step didn't take, so I took back up at that
> point in bash.
>
> Here are the results.
>
> Pat
>
> <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
> [ldm@monin bin]$ gdb $HOME/bin/pqcreate core.24931
> GNU gdb Red Hat Linux (6.5-16.el5rh)
> welcome to change it and/or distribute copies of it under certain conditions.
> This GDB was configured as "i386-redhat-linux-gnu"...(no debugging symbols
> found)
> Using host libthread_db library "/lib/libthread_db.so.1".
>

> warning: Can't read pathname for load map: Input/output error.
> Reading symbols from /lib/libm.so.6...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
> Loaded symbols for /lib/libm.so.6
> Reading symbols from /lib/libc.so.6...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
> Loaded symbols for /lib/libc.so.6
> Reading symbols from /lib/ld-linux.so.2...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
> Loaded symbols for /lib/ld-linux.so.2
>
> (no debugging symbols found)
> Core was generated by `pqcreate -vxl- -s 800M'.
> #0  0x0804c33c in mm_mtof ()
> (gdb) bacjtrace
> Undefined command: "bacjtrace".  Try "help".
> (gdb) backtrace
> #0  0x0804c33c in mm_mtof ()
> #1  0x0804ad14 in ctl_rel ()
> #2  0x08053791 in pq_create ()
> #3  0x0804962e in main ()
> (gdb) where
> #0  0x0804c33c in mm_mtof ()
> #1  0x0804ad14 in ctl_rel ()
> #2  0x08053791 in pq_create ()
> #3  0x0804962e in main ()
> (gdb) quit
> [ldm@monin bin]$

Hmm...  It looks like the "pqcreate" utility wasn't built with
debugging support.

May I log onto the system as the LDM user?  It would make things
go much faster.

Alternatively, please execute the following commands as the LDM
user (assuming that your user-shell is "csh"):

cd $HOME/ldm-6.6.5/src
make distclean
./configure CFLAGS=-g >&! configure.log &&
    make >&! make.log &&
    make install >&! install.log &&
    cd $HOME/ldm-6.6.5 &&
    ldmadmin delqueue &&
    rm -rf core.* &&
    bin/pqcreate -vxl- -s 800M

If you get to the last simple command and it fails, the
execute the command

    gdb bin/pqcreate core.*

Enter the "gdb" command "where" and send me the output.

Regards,
Steve Emmerson

Ticket ID: DMV-216735
Department: Support LDM