[LDM #QCL-298021]: OS requirements for LDM

HI Matthew,

re:
> Your LDM page covering system requirements for running LDM states 'UNIX
> workstation'

Correct.

> Will LDM run on a standard Linux distribution such as Ubuntu, Redhat, or
> Suse?

We have first hand experience running current versions of the LDM under:

Fedora Core 3,4,5,6,7     (we use Fedora Core 5,6,7 here at the UPC)
RedHat Enterprise WS 3,4  (we also use RH WS 3; we know of several sites using
WS 4)
SuSE 10.1                 (we know of several sites using SuSE 10.1)

We have no first hand experience with Ubuntu, so we can't comment on its use
as an LDM platform.

Ticket ID: QCL-298021