[LDM #JMW-745674]: nam 212 feed problems

Merrill,

> I upgraded LDM to 6.5.1 and did the preinstall steps except for
> disabling selinux.  I get 50 to 5000 breakin attempts every day.
> I�d rather not disable all the security.  Can I log to a file in
> /var/log without turning off selinux?

We've never used SELINUX, don't want to use SELINUX, and probably
will never use SELINUX.  Consequently, we have no idea how to use
SELINUX.

You might try having the LDM log to the /var/log partition via
a symbolic link.  Try this as the LDM user:

    sudo mkdir /var/log/ldm
    sudo chown ldm /var/log/ldm
    cd
    mv logs logs.old
    ln -s /var/log/ldm logs
    ldmadmin newlog
    ls -l logs/

> The model ran last night,
> but the files are still variable sizes.  That really means there
> was enough data to initialize MM5, but it still looks like things
> are missing.  Let me know if there is any way to fix the log file.
> I�ll try to analyze the grib files.

Please let me know if the approach I described works or not.

Regards,
Steve Emmerson

Ticket ID: JMW-745674
Department: Support LDM