[LDM #NDU-377558]: (No Subject)

Gustavo,

> I’m trying to  tie our script(s) to LDM pqact.conf, as you’ve
> showed us
> with  /home/ldm/util/sat-solo.sh
>
> That  “sat-solo.sh” is linked with [ldm@unidata etc]
> pqact.gempak_images.
>
> In order to move a directory and optimize our image’s products I would
> like to use such a method for creating for instance map with metar and
> synoptic land reports (by now they run using the crontab instruction).
>
> There are a few things I don’t understand. It’s necessary to build
> files
> with Bourne shell script’s syntax. This is all right and clear, but the
> point is how to pass the data or parameters like file name and day,
> plus how to run it.
>
> With,
> [ldm@unidata etc]$ more  -l pqact.gempak_images

> MCIDAS  ^pnga2area Q. (U[^ACXY1]) (.*) (.*)_IMG (10.7)um (.*) (........)
> (....)
> EXEC
> util/sat-solo.sh /data/ldm/gempak/images/sat/\3/\5/IR/IR_\6_\7
>
> You did it but It’s no clear for me how to do the same for a metar or
> synop product. For instance look this file:
>
> [ldm@unidata util]$ ls ver.sh
>
> Here I try to run a sfmap (gempak), yet no way (for me) how to indicate
> parameters. Will it use the [ldm@unidata etc] pqact.gempak_decoders?
> How tell day, hours and son?
>
> If you can clarify this I would appreciate a lot. Thank you in advance!
>
> Best regards,
>

> Gustavo Pittaluga

A shell script is run by the "pqact" utility and the data-product is
piped to it as a result of a PIPE entry in the "pqact" configuration-file.
The PIPE entry can also set arguments for the script.

More information on the PIPE entry can be found at
<http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/ldm/ldm-6.6.4/basics/pqact.conf.html>.

Regards,
Steve Emmerson

Ticket ID: NDU-377558