[LDM #ZOC-298338]: Missing data problems

Mark,

> Recently, my upstream customers

Do you mean "downstream customers"?

> have been noticing a lot of missing data
> files from our feed.  The thought was that the product queue was too
> small (it was 400MB for a server pulling 2 regions) and so increased the
> queue size to 4GB, mainly for the increased radar data coming later this
> year and next.
>
> However, the problem hasn't gone away, there are still files not being
> sent.  I've done all the checking and monitoring I know how to do and
> don't see any problems, the queue looks fine and the logs don't show me
> any problems, so I'm at a loss.  Are there any other things I can look
> at to try to find this problem and fix it.

What version of the LDM are you running?  What version are your
customers running?

Are you the sole supplier of those data-products to your customers?
Could they be getting the products from another LDM?

Check your LDM log file.  Do the missed products correspond to
times when the downstream LDM reconnected?

Run the "pqmon" program periodically and plot the age of the
oldest product in the queue as a time-series.  Does the value
stay above the minimum residency time (default: 1 h).

> --
> Da mihi sis bubulae frustrum assae, solana tuberosa in modo gallico
> fricta, ac quassum lactatum coagulatum crassum
>

> Mark Haney
> Sr. Systems Administrator
> ERC Broadband
> (828) 350-2415
>
> Call (866) ERC-7110 for after hours support

Regards,
Steve Emmerson

Ticket ID: ZOC-298338
Department: Support LDM