[Support #RZI-325369]: Re: New LDM server for EMWIN-only feed

Gilbert,

Your script which creates the FOS header for the bulletins retrieved by wget
needs to have a space " " character following the 3 digit sequence number, eg:

> #!/bin/csh
> printf "\001\r\r\n000\r\r\n"                      <<---change this line
> printf "SAUS80 KWBC `date --utc +%d%H%M`\r\r\n"
> printf "METAR\n"

printf "\001\r\r\n000 \r\r\n"                       <<-- corrected line

The pqsurf program expects the WMO header to begin at byte 12 in the bulletin.

Most decoders aren't that rigid, they are usually looking for the start of the
TTAAII at the beginning of
a line and not hardcoded to byte 12.

Once you make that correction pqsurf will work.

The only downside is that your bulletins are possibly larger than FOS 16384
byte limits
(though your split up pqsurf.pq bulletins are not), and GEMPAK for instance has
a product buffer
102400 bytes for the stream decoders, so passing a bulletin that is 200K bytes
will make the decoder
not find the end within the allowed length.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support

> Gilbert,
>
> > Any ideas yet on what the difficulty could be?
>
> Not yet.
>
> I've turned it over to Steve (Chiz) Chiswell because it
> requires a deeper knowledge of the data than I possess.
> Hopefully, he'll get back to you soon.
>
> Because your question is on unsupported software, the
> answer will take a little more time.  Be patient.  :-)
>
> Regards,
> Steve Emmerson

Ticket ID: RZI-325369
Department: Support LDM