[LDM #ODQ-499209]: Increasing the LDM product queue size past 4G

Hi James,

re:
> I tried to increase the product queue size to 12G on a new LDM server
> and I received the error that the file was too large.
>
> address@hidden ~]$ ldmadmin mkqueue -f
> Apr 30 23:10:30 pqcreate[20619] ERROR: ctl_init(): Data portion of
> file is too big for one region
> pqcreate: create "/usr/local/ldm/ldm.pq" failed: File too large
> Apr 30 23:10:30 UTC dc-ldm2-new.tamu.edu : make_pq: mkqueue failed
>
> The only lead I found to this problem is available at
>
> http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/support/help/MailArchives/ldm/msg04408.html

Can you rebuild the LDM from scratch while capturing the output of 'configure',
'make', and 'make install' so we can take a look?  The only thing that comes to
my mind is that the 'configure' was run with the '--disable-max-size' flag
set so that large queue support would be left out.

> I am running a 64-bit OS, CentOS 4.4 x86_64 to be more precise.  More
> information about the machine is located below.
>
> address@hidden ~]$ uname -a
> Linux dc-ldm2-new.tamu.edu 2.6.9-42.0.10.plus.c4smp #1 SMP Tue Feb 27
> 16:39:11 EST 2007 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
>
> address@hidden ~]$ cat /proc/cpuinfo
> processor       : 0
> vendor_id       : AuthenticAMD
> cpu family      : 15
> model           : 65
> model name      : Dual-Core AMD Opteron(tm) Processor 2218
> stepping        : 2
> cpu MHz         : 997.438
> cache size      : 1024 KB
> physical id     : 0
> siblings        : 2
> core id         : 0
> cpu cores       : 2
> fpu             : yes
> fpu_exception   : yes
> cpuid level     : 1
> wp              : yes
> flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr
> pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush mmx fxsr sse sse2 ht syscall nx mmxext
> lm 3dnowext 3dnow pni cx16
> bogomips        : 1994.72
> TLB size        : 1088 4K pages
> clflush size    : 64
> cache_alignment : 64
> address sizes   : 40 bits physical, 48 bits virtual
> power management: ts fid vid ttp [4] [5]

The output from 'configure', 'make', and 'make install' would help us to
understand
what is going on.

Ticket ID: ODQ-499209