[LDM #WCO-560313]: LDM 6.5.1 oddity

Daryl,

> Bingo.  The pircsds1 LDM machine only gets 1 product injected every minute
> and of the 3 downstream sites, only mesonet.agron.iastate.edu requests
> that product.
>
> > This shouldn't occur for LDM-s that are electronically close, however,
> > because an upstream LDM process will try to send a NULLPROC message
> > every 30 seconds, if nothing else.
>
> So I shouldn't be seeing it then?

You shouldn't be seeing them, but since you are, I examined the logic
behind an upstream LDM sending a NULLPROC (if nothing else) every
30 seconds.  I think the logic had a bug that would be tickled by
the LDM system receiving many products but sending only a few
products to a downstream LDM (reception of a product would,
basically, reset the timeout clock).

I've created a new beta version (6.6.1.0).  Would you mind trying
it?  In addition to the probably bug-fix, I demoted the "Exiting"
message from log-level NOTE to INFO, so you shouldn't see them.

The new version is available at
<ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/ldm/beta/ldm-6.6.1.0.tar.gz>.

Please let me know if this works for you.

Regards,
Steve Emmerson

Ticket ID: WCO-560313
Department: Support LDM