[Support #VPY-616021]: Two LDM questions

Niles,

> Two questions :
>
> [1] We have cron-driven scripts that restart our
> ldm if it fails. We have seen a couple of cases
> in which the machine is rebooted, and immediately
> after the reboot the restart scripts do not
> restart the ldm. Restarting the ldm by hand seems
> to work.
>
> Is there anything about a reboot that causes difficulty
> for the ldm?

If you use a boot-time script like the one at

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/ldm/ldm-6.5.1/basics/configuring.html#boot

then you should be OK.  The script will log to the LDM
log file and recreate the product-queue if necessary.

> [2] Sometimes the ldm product queue gets corrupted. The ldm
> can keep running in these circumstances sot he restart
> script has no effect.
>
> Can I use pqmon automatically to detect a corrupted ldm queue?

I would use "pqcheck" instead.

Ticket ID: VPY-616021