[LDM #IXG-702275]: LDM setup up problem questions

Hi Yoori,

re:
> I followed your guideline. After I type "/etc/init.d/iptables restart", I
> got the below message.
>
> address@hidden root]# /etc/init.d/iptables restart
> Flushing all current rules and user defined chains:        [  OK  ]
> Clearing all current rules and user defined chains:        [  OK  ]
> Applying iptables firewall rules: Bad argument `-'
> Try `iptables-restore -h' or 'iptables-restore --help' for more information.
> [FAILED]
> address@hidden root]#

Hmm... I'll take a look.

As soon as I saw your email, I logged onto your machine as 'ldm'.  I
immediately became 'root' and commented out the EXTERNAL action
in /etc/sysconfig/iptabes and then turned the firewall back on.

I will look into the iptables setting needed to allow SSH access
by machines in the unidata.ucar.edu domain after I address the
original issue.

More later...

Ticket ID: IXG-702275