[LDM #IXG-702275]: LDM setup up problem questions

Hi Yoori,

We received the information requested in my previous email; thanks.

First problem:  either your machine or your network is not allowing
SSH access.  Here is an example of the failure:

/home/yoksas% ssh -v address@hidden
OpenSSH_4.5p1, OpenSSL 0.9.7e 25 Oct 2004
debug1: Reading configuration data /etc/ssh_config
debug1: Connecting to nopp.cae.drexel.edu [129.25.60.58] port 22.
debug1: connect to address 129.25.60.58 port 22: Connection refused
ssh: connect to host nopp.cae.drexel.edu port 22: Connection refused

It could be that the firewall on nopp.cae.drexel.edu is configured
to not allow SSH access from outside machines.  If this is the
case, you should do the following to try and allow the access:

(Note that the instructions that follow are for Linux versions setup
like Fedora Core or RedHat Linux.  If the version of Linux you are running
is significantly different (like Debian) the procedure may be different)

<as 'root'>
cd /etc/sysconfig
vi iptables

-- add the following line near the top of the file:

:UPC - [0:0]

-- In the section that contains INPUT statements, add the following line:

-A INPUT -s 128.117.140.0/24 -j UPC

-- further down in the file but before any OUTPUT lines and before the
   line that should read COMMIT add the following line:

-A UPC -m state --state NEW -p tcp --dport  22 -j ACCEPT

If your system is like Fedora Core or RedHat Linux, and if the above lines
were added to the correct location in /etc/sysconfig/iptables, you should
be able to restart your firewall as follows:

/etc/init.d/iptables restart

It may be wise to send us a listing of your /etc/sysconfig/iptables
before restarting the firewall so we can make sure that we are not
doing anything that could cause a security breach.

Ticket ID: IXG-702275
Department: Support LDM