[LDM #SVU-966060]: LDM - LDM hangs up.

Scott,

> [ldm@fetch1 ~]$ grep local /etc/syslog.conf
> local7.*                                                /var/log/boot.log

The file "/etc/syslog.conf" doesn't contain an entry that tells the syslogd(8)
daemon where to write LDM log messages; consequently, they're being written to
the system log file.

Instructions for modifying the file "/etc/syslog.conf" can be found at
<http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/ldm/ldm-6.4.6/basics/preinstallation.html#syslog.conf>

You should use the facility "local3" rather than the default "local0" when you
modify the file.

> The error message from a downstream ldm-6.3 server:
> Oct 25 19:59:54 anc2 192.168.70.23[3465] ERROR: Terminating due to LDM
> failure;
> Couldn't connect to LDM on 192.168.70.23 using either port 388 or portmapper
> ; : RPC: Remote system error - Connection refused
>
> The error message from a downstream ldm5.0.8 server:
> ct 25 20:00:27 arhdata fetch1[7079]: FEEDME(fetch1.ops.nwsar.gov): 12:
> h_clnt_create(fetch1.ops.n
> wsar.gov): Connection refused

The "Connection refused" error-messages are consistent with your LDM
disallowing the connections because it doesn't have the appropriate ALLOW
entries in its configuration-file.

> Started it in verbose mode, what info do you want from the logs?

There should be an LDM log message about disallowing connections from your
downstream LDM-s.

> I'm completely
> unable to send to any of my downstream servers. Also, a process grep for ldm
> shows it is using the same ldmd.conf file as 6.3.0..
> ldm      27867 27860  0 20:04 ?        00:00:00 rpc.ldmd -v -q
> /usr/local/ldm/data/ldm.pq /usr/local/ldm/etc/ldmd.conf

I'm glad the same LDM configuration-file is being used.  That's one less thing
to consider.

What is the output from the following command?

    netstat --inet -t -a -n -p | grep LISTEN

> [Regarding changing the ALLOW entries:]
> Change made.. Still not working, so please get back with me soon.  Also, it
> seems no matter what I try, ldmadmin stop on version 6.3.0 on WS 4 will not
> stop
> and I have to kill -9 the processes.

Having to "kill -9" the LDM processes is very bad because it risks corrupting
the product-queue.

Regards,
Steve Emmerson

Ticket ID: SVU-966060