[LDM #SVU-966060]: LDM - LDM hangs up.

Scott,

> What I don't understand is why there are 93 connections.  There are roughly 8
> servers that connect to this server to get data.  Yes, this is a fairly beefy
> server that acts as the central focal point for receiving and processing data.

You can use the netstat(1) utility to examine the number and state of LDM
connections.  See
<http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/ldm/ldm-6.4.6/basics/monitoring.html#netstat>.
  Some netstat(1)s have an option that causes the process-id to also be printed.

You can determine the outgoing LDM connections via the command

    cd $HOME/logs && grep -Fi 'Starting Up' `ls -rt ldmd.log*`

> I did install the latest version and when I changed the runtime link to the
> new
> install, it made me delete my queue (said the old one was corrupt). So I
> deleted
> the queue with the old ldmadmin, and remade the queue with the new ldmadmin.
> When I started ldm up, however, I was able to connect to the systems that feed
> me, but all my downstream servers were receiving this error (fetch is the
> hostname of the LDM server in question):
>
> Oct 24 18:17:07 arhdata fetch1[7079]: FEEDME(fetch1.ops.nwsar.gov): 12:
> h_clnt_create(fetch1.ops.nwsar.gov): Connection refused

The "FEEDME(fetch1.ops.nwsar.gov)..." error-message is an LDM 5 one.  Are the
downstream LDM-s really that old?

Would you please send me the LDM configuration-file on host "fetch1" so that I
can see how it is allowing the downstream LDM-s to connect?

> In order to put the system back on 6.3.0, I had to use the updated ldmadmin to
> delete the queue, change the runtime link and remake the queue.  If you can
> tell
> me why it failed to work the first time around, I'll gladly change the links
> again.
>
> Thanks,
> Scott

Ticket ID: SVU-966060