[LDM #XXW-990118]: LDM - Not your average latency problem

Mike,

> OK, I'll let them know. I did just get through telling them that we would
> leave things alone and see how we do. They do want the NIMAGE feed and they
> are doing realtime forecasting. I knew you couldn't resist another sand box
> to play in. :-)
>
> How long to you want to shut it off?

Unfortunately, the NIMAGE feedtype dominates the volume (see
<http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/cgi-bin/rtstats/rtstats_summary_volume?derecho.sonomatech.com+GRAPH>).
  With that feedtype in the mix, Sonomatech's running right on the ragged edge
of feasibility.  If they want NIMAGE data, then they need to pare-down their
data-requests or get a bigger pipe.

Can we let it run overnight without the NIMAGE data?

Regards,
Steve Emmerson

Ticket ID: XXW-990118
Department: Support LDM