[LDM #THN-943009]: FW: Fedora

Hi Jason,

re:
> Hello,  I have been asked to configure a Unix server to receive the LDM
> data.  I am not a Unix expert and recently attended my first Linux class
> to help support this server. I wanted to know if Fedora (version of
> Linux) is on the supported list of OS software.

Yes, we use Fedora Core 3, 4, and 5 here at Unidata.  We recommend that
new Fedora Core installations always use the latest supported distribution
which is currently Fedora Core 5.  (Fedora Core 6's release is imminent,
but we appreciate our sites holding off on installations of bleeding edge
releases until after we have had a chance to test our packages.)

Also, given the note you attached from Barry, we do no longer offer
binary distributions of the LDM.  We feel that it is _much_ better
to build the LDM on the system on which it will run.

> Thanks for your time

Ticket ID: THN-943009
Department: Support LDM