[LDM #XXW-990118]: LDM - Not your average latency problem

Mike,

First off (and this needs to be fixed before we can continue) the following
entry in /etc/hosts on Derecho

127.0.0.1               derecho.sonomatech.com derecho localhost.localdomain
localhost

should be changed to

127.0.0.1               localhost.localdomain localhost

and then Derecho should be rebooted after the LDM is properly stopped.

Our initial impression is that the full bandwidth of the 500 kbps pipe between
Rossby and Derecho isn't there consistently.  The rtstats(1) plots for Derecho
show that sometimes a lot of data gets through with little or no latency and at
other times not much gets through will a lot of latency.  This is consistent
with a lot of highly-variable traffic that's not related to the LDM
crowding-out the LDM traffic.

Regards,
Steve Emmerson

Ticket ID: XXW-990118