[LDM #RPB-154151]: Problem with $ip_addr usage in ldm 6.4.6.4

Art,

> I'm trying to run LDM 6.4.6.4 out through a secondary IP address on FC
> 2.6.17-1.2174_FC5 by specifying that address in $ip_addr in
> ldmadmin-pl.conf and seem to find that connections from downstream
> machines connect to the address specified by $ip_addr, but upstream sites
> are established through the primary address of the machine (different from
> what's specified by $ip_addr).  Is this the expected response, or is there
> a problem somewhere?  I would like the LDM to run exclusively in/out the
> $ip_addr specified address if possible.

You're encountering the expected behavior.  In connecting
to an upstream LDM, a downstream LDM depends on the operating
system to route its packets via the correct interface.  You can
override what interface will be used to connect to an IP address
via the "route add" command.  You can view the current routing tables
via the "netstat -nr" command.

Regards,
Steve Emmerson

Ticket ID: RPB-154151