[LDM #XEN-939867]: Re: LDM : pqcreate: create "/home/ldm/data/ldm.pq" failed

Hi Jinn-Hwei,

re:
> I looked up your support archive and found  someone had the same
> problem I have. I followed the suggest steps, and it did not work for me.
>
> I am running LDM 6.4.5 (compiled using gcc)  on solaris 8 system.
> our pq size is 400M, after I ran
> ldmadmin mkqueue and I got the following message :
>
> vv11 [259]: ldmadmin mkqueue
> Sep 22 17:47:40 pqcreate[12493] ERROR: mmap: 0 0 101670912: Resource
> temporarily unavailable
> pqcreate: create "/home/ldm/data/ldm.pq" failed: Resource temporarily
> unavailable
> Sep 22 17:47:40 UTC vv11.arc.nasa.gov : make_pq: mkqueue failed

Please check the following:

- see if you have enough disk space to create the LDM queue in the
  directory you are trying to create it

- that the file system where you are trying to create the LDM queue
  is on a local disk (i.e., not NFS mounted)

- that you don't have a number of processes using memoryt that would
  be used for the memory map of the LDM queue (use 'ipcs' to list
  the share memory being used

If you do have a number of shared memory segments in use, you might
need to kill off the processes using the memory, or if they have
already exited you might need to reboot.

> Thank you for your help.

Please let us know the outcome from the suggestions above.

Ticket ID: XEN-939867
Department: Support LDM