[LDM #VHC-861021]: ldm5 and ldm6 compatability issues?

Jordan,

> I spoke with Bernard Meisner, the SOO Program Manager with
> Southern Region, this morning and he was going to ask for
> more information about the issue from Paul Kirkwood with
> the Southern Region dissemination enhancement team.  I
> looked at the LDM mailing list archive and found that this
> is probably the issue that Bernard was referring to:
>
> http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/support/help/MailArchives/ldm/msg04742.html

That URL might, indeed, reference the problem.  Unfortunately,  the
thread doesn't contain any indication of what the downstream LDM 5
wrote in its log file about the disconnection -- so diagnosis is difficult.

> When/If I hear more from Paul this afternoon, I will
> forward it on.  Interestingly enough, all National Weather
> Service offices have approximately the same hardware and
> software, yet our downstream LDM 5 sites in Central Region
> do not have this problem (from what I have heard).  I have
> been attempting to get in touch with someone from Central
> Region about how their data is routed, but no success thus
> far.

Thanks for your help.  I look forward to hearing from Paul.

Regards,
Steve Emmerson

Ticket ID: VHC-861021
Department: Support LDM