[LDM #JXU-340495]: kernel panic... have you seen this before?

Gerry,

What kernel/OS are you running?  We've observed this a number of times
in FC 3/4, mostly with 2.6.12 and thereabouts.  Some machines would die
weekly and others every six weeks or so.  Like you said, we found this
to be intermittent as well...

mike

> dc-ldm1 is dying periodically.  We've a 1G queue and 2G physical memory.
> We're seeing a kernel panic w/ possible deadlock in kmem_alloc.  We've
> transiently seen this on sasquatch but didn't do anything to correct it;
> it went away (I really don't like intermittent failures).
>
> We're about to transition operations from dc-ldm1 to dc-ldm2, a Sun
> v4200 w/ 8 GB RAM, and we'll up the queue to 2GB then.  I'd prefer to
> not do that switch for a few more days, but this may drive my hand.
>
> Y'all got any thoughts or suggestions?
>
> Thanks, Gerry
> --
> Gerry Creager -- address@hidden
> Texas Mesonet -- AATLT, Texas A&M University
> Cell: 979.229.5301 Office: 979.458.4020  FAX 979.862.3983
> MAIL:  AATLT, 3139 TAMU
> Physical: 1700 Research Parkway, Suite 160,
> College Station, TX 77843-3139

Ticket ID: JXU-340495
Department: Support LDM