[LDM #USC-745284]: syslogd: /usr/local/ldm/logs/ldmd.log Operation not permitted

Giovanni,

> The permissions are:
>
> -rw-r--r-- 1 ldm unidata 15144 2006-08-01 13:36 ldmd.log

That should be OK because the syslog(8) process is owned by root.

> What I can 't understand is that although this error the LDM works normally
> and
> the ldmd.log is ok.

The LDM doesn't depend on logging in order to work correctly.  Logging
is necessary, however.

If the LDM system logs to the log file OK and the "ldmadmin newlog" command
works, then you can safely ignore the "Operation not permitted" error
message.

You might tell your system administrator about the error, however.

Ticket ID: USC-745284