[LDM #UGB-524529]: No LDM server running?

Hi Andy,

re:
> OK-
>
> I have given you the allow from our system, but I am told that our
> upstream host is in operational testing at the moment, but they will
> give you the allow as soon as possible.  Our machine name is
> 'frtt1.engr.colostate.edu'.

The name frtt1.engr.colostate.edu does not resolve to an IP address:

% nslookup frtt1.engr.colostate.edu
Server:  laraine.unidata.ucar.edu
Address:  128.117.140.62

*** laraine.unidata.ucar.edu can't find frtt1.engr.colostate.edu: Non-existent
host/domain

Without this, we can not request data from your machine.  We should be able to
request using its IP address, however.  Please pass this information along.

re:
> They had time to put the line in!   Here's my ldmd.conf file:
>
> EXec    "pqact -q /home/ldm/data/ldm.pq"
> request EXP     "200"   socc1.caps.ou.edu
> ACCEPT ANY ".*" ^((localhost|loopback)|(127\.0\.0\.1\.?$))
> ALLOW  ANY      ^((localhost|loopback)|(127\.0\.0\.1\.?$))
> ALLOW   ANY     ^[a-z].*\.unidata\.ucar\.edu\.?$        .*
>
> I'm guessing their machine name is 'socc1.caps.ou.edu'
>
> Data will not flow for about another 15 minutes or so I am told.  Let me
> know if you need anything else.

I will test this when I get back to my office (I am at a conference at
the moment :-)

re:
> Just 1 more thing.  I am working with about 2 GB of disk space, so I
> unfortunately do not leave the LDM on 24/7 as I would like to.  I will
> leave it on this afternoon, though.

Given my time constraint this afternoon, we may need to put this off until
next week.  I should be back in my office by 4, but I will be leafing at
4:30.  I will, however, be able to ingest data from your upstream (OU)
and, therefore, be able to test if the files we get are OK or corrupt.

Ticket ID: UGB-524529