[LDM #SMJ-402462]: LDM problems

Jiangyi,

> I met a new problem when I tried to start LDM after a power outage. Here
> is the error messages:
>
> >ldmadmin start
>
> The writer-counter of the product-queue is not zero.
> Either a process has the product-queue open for writing or the queue might
> be corrupt.  Terminate the process and recheck or use
> pqcat -l- -s -q /usr/local/ldm/data/ldm.pq && pqcheck -F -q
> /usr/local/ldm/d ata/ldm.pq to validate the queue and set the
> writer-counter to zero. Jul 5 15:13:37 UTC rainbow.coaps.fsu.edu : LDM not
> started
>
> The I tried the command:
>
> >pqcat -l- -s -q /usr/local/ldm/data/ldm.pq
> Jul 05 15:14:22 pqcat NOTE: Starting Up (19461)
> Jul 05 15:14:44 pqcat ERROR: pqcat queueSanityCheck: Product count doesn't
> match
> Jul 05 15:14:44 pqcat ERROR: products tallied: 2911 Value in queue: 3057
> Jul 05 15:14:44 pqcat NOTE: Exiting
> Jul 05 15:14:44 pqcat NOTE: Number of products 2911
>
> Would you please give any hints?

The LDM product-queue is corrupt: there's a difference between the number of
data-products that the queue thinks it contains and the actual number of
data-products that the queue does contain.  The only solution is to delete
the product-queue and recreate it.  Use the command

    ldmadmin delqueue && ldmadmin mkqueue -f

> Thanks a lot and best regards.

You're welcome and regards to you, too.

Ticket ID: SMJ-402462