[LDM #UGB-524529]: No LDM server running?

Andrew,

> I am saddened to say though the command 'ldmadmin start' seems to execute,
> 'ldmadmin watch' tells me there is still no server running.  Also, ldmd.log
> remains empty.  I noticed that
>
> local0.*                              /home/ldm/logs/ldmd.log
>
> was put in my syslog file.  I was thinking, when I ran the configure script
> when
> installing LDM, I put in the following line:
>
> ./configure --disable-max-size --enable-logging=local3 >&! configure.log
>
> This is the exact line that was on the LDM website.  I don't know if that has
> an
> effect on what I am trying to do.

Telling the LDM installation to use "local3" as the logging facility instead of
the
default "local0" has a big effect on logging.  The line on the LDM webpage was
an
example.

Change all the "local0" strings in your /etc/syslog.conf file to "local3" and
restart
your LDM.  Then check the log file for messages.

Regards,
Steve Emmerson

Ticket ID: UGB-524529
Department: Support LDM