[LDM #ONE-336935]: Re: 20060428: GEMPAK and McIDAS upgraded on unidata.at.fcen.uba.ar

Tom & Claudia,

> In order to try to get more information on the exact cause for the continuing
> failures, I rebuilt the LDM (version ldm-6.4.5) with debugging turned on:

In addition to reinstalling the LDM with debugging supported, it's also
necessary
for core dumps to be enabled via the command "ulimit -c unlimited" (for standard
shell users) or "limit coredumpsize unlimited" (for csh users).  This command
should be added to the LDM user's profile-file.

It might also be necessary to do something else to get Linux to allow a setuid
program that's owned by root to create a core file.  Unfortunately, I don't
know what that is for Linux 2.6.5.

Claudia, would you please send the output of the command "ls -l
/proc/sys/kernel".

Ticket ID: ONE-336935