[LDM #TGG-130857]: info on local data insertion?

Neil,

> Where do I go to get instruction on how to distribute locally generated
> files by our existing ldm? An old LDM manual mentions pqinsert, and the
> man page for it states it is an 'example'.
>
> Also, these files are being generated on a Windows box. Our LDM is on a
> FreeBSD box. Any caveats to be aware of?
>
> Thanks,
> -Neil
> --
> Neil R. Smith, Comp. Sys. Mngr.         address@hidden
> Dept. Atmospheric Sci., Texas A&M Univ. 979/845-6272 FAX:979/862-4466

One can use pqinsert(1) to insert files into the product-queue.  Several sites
do this.  It is usually run by a script that is, in turn, started by an EXEC
entry in the LDM configuration-file (etc/ldmd.conf).

There's a manual-page on pqinsert(1).  If your LDM installation is correctly
configured, then you should be able to get that information by the command "man
pqinsert".

As far as inserting files that are generated on a Windows system, I'm afraid I
don't know what the caveats are, if any.

Regards,
Steve Emmerson

Ticket ID: TGG-130857
Department: Support LDM