[IDD #TXO-622416]: Possible problem with ldm6.4.5

James,

> Yesterday I upgraded to ldm6.4.5 from version 6.4.1. On my backup
> server, I pick up WSI radar imagery (data also coming from primary
> server). Anyway, I stopped receiving  WSI radar early this morning
> (after 1255 GMT) although the Unidata data came in fine. When I
> contacted WSI, the technician told me he was receiving a SIGPIPE error.

Can you get me the relevant log entries on the WSI system?

> The lone log statement by ldm (around the time the radar stopped coming
> in) was the following:
>
> Apr 14 12:48:57 peridot pqact[11861] WARN: write(7,,5120) to pipe took
> 2.312377 s

This isn't a problem.  It indicates that the pqact(1) process took about 2.3
seconds to write 512 bytes into the pipe for the decoder process.  Undoubtably,
the computer was busy doing other things.

> When I reverted back to ldm6.4.1 on the backup server (primary still on
> newer version), the WSI radar was coming in fine again. Do you have a
> possible explanation for this? The radar did come across fine for awhile
> after the upgrade, and even after WSI radar stopped, other data
> (satellite, model, surface/upperair, etc) continued without problems. I
> only changed the ldm program (no change to the ldmd.conf file).

I have no explanation for the occurrence.  Note, however, that the problem
might not be the new LDM installation -- with one data point it's impossible to
tell.

Can you send me your LDM logfile from just before the problem to just after?

> James
>
> --
> James Murakami
> Staff Meteorologist/Student Affairs
> Department of Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences
> University of California, Los Angeles
> 405 Hilgard Ave.
> Los Angeles, CA  90095-1565
>

> e-mail:  address@hidden