[LDM #CMQ-993626]: LDM - LDM Documentation

Hi Mark,

> Institution: University Vienna, Austria
> Package Version: 6.4.5
> Operating System: Suse 8.1
> Hardware Information: i386

re:

> Inquiry: Where can i download the ldm-doc.tar.Z file ? The link to the
> gforge site doent bring any result

You can access the LDM downloads in two different ways:

- register with the Unidata website, login, and then go to the Downloads
  section:

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu

  - click on the Login link in the upper right hand corner.  This
    will take you to a page where you could login if already register,
    or register for the first time

  - after registering, login and then click on the Downloads link
    on the left hand side of our homepage (in the ToolBox section)

- the LDM releases are always available using anonymous FTP from
  our FTP server, ftp.unidata.ucar.edu.  The distributions can
  be found in the pub/ldm directory.  Always choose the latest
  non-test build -- for example choose LDM-6.4.5 instead of LDM-6.4.5.1,
  etc.

We would appreciate someone from the University of Vienna registering
with our website regardless of how you eventually get the LDM distribution.
Registering now will spare you registering the future if/when you want
to download any of the analysis and dispaly applications which require
registration before download.

By the way, did we meet during the meeting we had with several folks
at the University of Vienna last spring?

I am happy to see that you are interested in getting connected to
our Internet Data Distribution (IDD) system for delivery of real-time
meteorological data!

Ticket ID: CMQ-993626
Department: Support LDM