Re: 20060106: Sending data through LDM to ground from aircraft with changing ip address address@hidden

Janet and Steve,

One can play quite a few different games with host based name resolution
including both with /etc/hosts and DNS resolvers.  It is possible to
configure short TTL's for specific entries.

Janet -- can you give us a more complete idea of how the aircraft IP is
assigned (by an ISP?), do they also provide DNS, how large is the likely
range of available IP addresses, under what circumstances will the IP
address change.

It seems like a point-to-point VPN might work well for this scenario?

mike