20051217: Quick ldmd.conf question

>From:  Gerry Creager N5JXS <address@hidden>

Hi Gerry,

I was out skiing for the past three days, hence the slow response.

>Working w/ Partick at Bowling Green.  Will this work in ldmd.conf:
>
>request        CONDUIT         "ruc2|mrf|gfs"  bigbird.tamu.edu

The easiest way to determine of a regular expression pattern
will work in an ldmd.conf request line is to use the LDM 'notifyme'
utility to test the pattern.  If Patrick wants to feed CONDUIT
data from you then he should run the test:

<as 'ldm'>

notifyme -vxl- -f CONDUIT -h bigbird.tamu.edu -o 3600 -p "ruc2|mrf|gfs"

A quick check of the output from this notifyme invocation makes me think
that the pattern is OK.  I have to say, however, that the only data I saw
in my quick test was the 'gfs' data.

>From address@hidden  Sun Dec 18 12:27:22 2005

Howdy, Tom,

re: notifyme -vxl- -f CONDUIT -h bigbird.tamu.edu -o 3600 -p "ruc2|mrf|gfs"