Re: 20051208: mysterious LDM death on 20051207 at ~5Z

Pete,

>Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2005 14:35:58 -0600
>From: address@hidden (Pete Pokrandt)
>To: address@hidden
>Subject: Re: 20051208: mysterious LDM death on 20051207 at ~5Z

> How exactly do I turn off assertions?  Isn't that part of the optimization
> level when you compile?

Assertions are turned off by default.  You have to add "-UNDEBUG" to the
CPPFLAGS environment variable before executing the configure(1) script
in order to build an LDM package with assertions turned on.

> A typical compile line from the build looks like:
>
> c89 -c -O -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -DNDEBUG clnt_generic.c

The "-DNDEBUG" in the above indicates that assertions will be turned off.