20051208: No NEXRAD2 feeding (repl about LDM stopping) (cont.)

>From: address@hidden (Pete Pokrandt)

Hi Pete,

re:
>Either time, or some product that came through. I had the same behavior,

The LDM does/should not care what is in a data product.

>where it died again after delete/remake/restart. The exact error that
>I got was:
>
>Dec 08 05:24:23 whirlwind f5[23017]: assertion "n > 0" failed: file "pq.c", li
> ne 2172
>Dec 08 05:24:23 whirlwind rpc.ldmd[23013]: child 23017 terminated by signal 6

This is the same error that has been reported from other sites, and
is the same from the UPC system I refered to in my previous email
(the pq.c line number differs dependin on which LDM version one is
running).

>For what it's worth, whirlwind was running ldm 6.1.0 at the time of
>the failure.

Thanks for the information.  The sites reporting this problem were
running:

ldm-6.0.14 - Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
ldm-6.0.15 - Penn State
ldm-6.4.2  - UPC
ldm-6.1.0  - UW/AOS (you)
???        - NCAR

>I have upgraded now to 6.4.4, seems to be running fine.

Again, this may or may not be related to the problem fix.

>This is exactly why I cc'd support, just in case it was a symptom of
>something more widespread.

Yes, and I _greatly_ appreciate your reporting it!!!