20051208: 20051208: LDM death on multiple platforms/multiple versions on 20051207

>From: "Arthur A. Person" <address@hidden>

Hi Art,

re: LDMs mysteriously stopping at 5Z

>FYI, I tried to get some METAR data off the Texas A&M site, and their data
>appears to stop at 5Z as well, so they may have had the same failure, in
>case you need more documentation.

OK.  While I was answsering your previous email, we received a
CC from Pete Pokrandt (UW/AOS) noting the same exit.  The plot thickens...

re: status of your cluster

>I was going to try and hold off touching that system until I bring our new
>system online, but if it's important, I can do it.

No rush.  I was just taking the opportunity to ask how things were
going.

>We have 3 systems (to be a director and 2 data servers) purchased and have
>installed RedHat EL 4.0 on them.  I have not had a chance yet to start
>configuring the LDM on them, but will be doing that very soon.  I'm sure I
>will need your help configuring them to run in cluster mode at that
>point... do you have any documentation or notes I can use in setting this
>up?

Most of the "documentation" is in our heads.  I will take the opportunity
to document the setup/configuration process during your installation.