Re: problem running LDM-6.4.2 on FEDORA CORE 2

Donna,

>Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2005 13:39:43 -0700
>From: "Kliche, Donna V." <address@hidden>
>To: "Steve Emmerson" <address@hidden>
>Subject: RE: problem running LDM-6.4.2 on FEDORA CORE 2

> Steve, this is what it shows:
>    grep local0 /etc/syslog.conf
> address@hidden ldm]$ grep local0 /etc/syslog.conf
> address@hidden ldm]$
> Looks that it does not show anything!!!!
> I am attaching the file for your review.  You will see that I included
> a line as described in the instruction:
> localn.debug /usr/local/ldm/logs/ldmd.log
>
> However, I asked our system admin what should be 'localn' but he was not =
> sure what that means.  In the description it says that localn =3D the =
> logging facility that the LDM will use.  Can you please clearify this =
> for me.

"localn" for the LDM is, typically, "local0", i.e., the LDM identifies
itself as the "local0" facility to syslogd(8).

In your case, you should change the line

    *.info;mail.none;authpriv.none;cron.none /var/log/messages

    *.info;mail.none;authpriv.none;cron.none;local0.none /var/log/messages

and add the line

    local0.*            /usr/local/ldm/logs/ldmd.log