Date:    Wed, 02 Nov 2005 13:21:59 -0700
          address@hidden>
cc:      "Kliche, Donna V." <address@hidden>
Subject: RE: problem running LDM-6.4.2 on FEDORA CORE 2

------_=_NextPart_001_01C5DFEB.13CB0782

Steve,

Here it is what I got:

-----Original Message-----
From: Steve Emmerson [mailto:address@hidden]
Sent: Wed 11/2/2005 1:02 PM
To: Kliche, Donna V.
Subject: Re: problem running LDM-6.4.2 on FEDORA CORE 2=20
=20
Donna,

It looks like you still have logging problems.  What is the output from
the command

    ps -ef | grep syslog
-----------------------------------
[ldm@squall ldm]$ pwd
/usr/local/ldm
[ldm@squall ldm]$ ps -ef|grep syslog
root      1700     1  0 07:05 ?        00:00:00 syslogd -m 0
ldm      10114  9759  0 13:12 pts/9    00:00:00 grep syslog
[ldm@squall ldm]$

If the above shows that syslogd(8) is running, then what is the output
from the command

    grep local0 /etc/syslog.conf
[ldm@squall ldm]$ grep local0 /etc/syslog.conf
[ldm@squall ldm]$
Looks that it does not show anything!!!!

If the above shows that log message from the "local0" facility will go
into the LDM logfile, then please do the following:

    1.  Become the LDM user.

    2.  Send me the output from the command

            hupsyslog
[ldm@squall ldm]$ hupsyslog
[ldm@squall ldm]$
Nothing again!!!!!

If the above command works, then please do the following:

    1.  Go to the directory "$HOME/src/ulog".

    2.  Send me the output from the command

            ./ulogger -l- test
[ldm@squall src]$ cd ulog
[ldm@squall ulog]$ ls
depends      hupsyslog.sh  newlog  ulog.3  ulogger.c
hupsyslog.c  Makefile      README  ulog.c  ulog.h
[ldm@squall ulog]$ ./ulogger -l- test
bash: ./ulogger: No such file or directory
[ldm@squall ulog]$

    3.  If the above works, then execute the command

            ./ulogger test

        and send me the file $HOME/logs/ldmd.log.

Regards,
Steve Emmerson

------- End of Original Message