Re: hung downstream LDM

Justin,

There's a new distribution that I'd like you to try.  It's available at

    ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/ldm/ldm-6.4.3.0.tar.Z

This one has a modified logging module.

If you're willing, then do the following:

    1.  Become the LDM user in that user's home directory.

    2.  Obtain and Unpack the distribution.

    3.  Drop into the directory "ldm-6.4.3.0/src".

    4.  Execute the ./configure script as you did for the previous
        version.  Simultaneously redirect the standard output and error
        streams to the file "configure.log".

    5.  Execute the command "make".  Simultaneously redirect the
        standard output and error streams to the file "make.log".

    6.  Execute the command "make install".  Simultaneously redirect the
        standard output and error streams to the file "install.log".

    7.  Become root and execute the command "make install_setuids".

    8.  Become the LDM user in that user's home directory.

    9.  Execute the command

            ldmadmin stop && rm runtime && ln -s ldm-6.4.3.0 runtime &&
            ldmadmin start

Keep me apprised of the behavior of the new version -- good or bad.

Regards,
Steve Emmerson