"ldmadmin mkqueue" failed (was: I broke ldm again!)

Gabe,

>Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 09:36:09 -0400 (EDT)
>From: Gabe Langbauer <address@hidden>
>To: Steve Emmerson <address@hidden>
>Subject: I broke ldm again!

> I just decided to use a smaller queue than what I had been using.  I
> issued a ldmadmin stop, then went in and changed the queue size in the
> ldmadmin-pl.conf file and issued a ldmadmin delqueue && ldmadmin mkqueue
> and got the answer:
> Oct 25 13:44:51 UTC polarmet12.mps.ohio-state.edu : make_pq: mkqueue
> failed

No other information?  It didn't say why the "mkqueue" failed?

You might try creating the product-queue directly via the pqcreate(1)
utility:

    pqcreate -v -f -s <<size>> -S <<# slots>> -q $HOME/data/ldm.pq

I can't imagine this failing unless the LDM user isn't allowed to create
a file in the directory.

> I looked at the ldmd.log which stated:
> Oct 25 13:44:51 polarmet12 ldmping[6092] ERROR: SVC_UNAVAIL   0.000660
> 0   localhost    RPC: Program not registered

The above is merely the output of an ldmping(1) that the ldmadmin(1)
script executes to see if the LDM is running.