Re: 20051012: ernie.tamu.edu is getting unstable...

James,

The LDM on Ernie hasn't crashed since it was rebuilt and restarted
last Friday, October 21st at 11:55 local time.  To me, this supports
the hypothesis that the problem is connected to support for large
product-queues on that system: the previous versions were built using
the compiler options "-m32 -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64"
whereas the latest version didn't use those options (the product-queue
is small enough, 2GB, that the options are unnecessary).

I don't know why supporting large product-queues on Ernie would crash
the LDM.  As far as I know, Ernie is the only system on which this
occurs.