Re: 20051021:SELINUX and LDM logging

Ben,

> To: address@hidden
> cc: address@hidden
> From: address@hidden
> Subject: SELINUX and LDM logging

> The Desktop Computing Support staff here in the department have reservations
> about disabling SELINUX on our LDM machine.  Is there a way to enable logging
> without disabling SELINUX?

We're inexperienced with SELINUX.  However, based on a cursory reading
of

    http://fedora.redhat.com/docs/selinux-faq-fc3/

it appears possible to get the syslog(8) daemon to write to a log file
that lies outside the "acceptable" directory -- without disabling SELINUX
altogether -- by appropriately modifying the file "syslogd.te".

We're going to experiment with this and hope to let you know.

> Thanks,
> Ben

Regards,
Steve Emmerson