Re: 20051012: LDM 6-4-1 instalation problem

Donna,

> To: <address@hidden>
> cc: "Kliche, Donna V." <address@hidden>
> From: "Kliche, Donna V." <address@hidden>
> Subject: LDM 6-4-1 instalation problem

> I installed the new version LDM-6.4.1 on a new linux machine (SUSE). I
> tried starting it following the instructions on the web abd I got this
> output:
>
> address@hidden:/> ldmadmin delqueue
> address@hidden:/> ldmadmin mkqueue
> address@hidden:/> ldmadmin start
> The product-queue is OK.
> /usr/local/ldm/etc/pqact.conf is syntactically correct
> sh: /etc/killall: No such file or directory
> hupsyslog: system("/etc/killall -HUP syslogd") returns 32512
> (E.G. It didn't work. Check that this program is setuid)
> Starting the LDM server...
> address@hidden:/> ldmadmin watch
> sh: /usr/local/ldm/bin/pqutil: No such file or directory
> address@hidden:/>
>
> Any thoughts on how to fix this problem is appreciated.
> Best regards,
> Donna Kliche

Interesting.  The above occurs because the the configure(1) script
couldn't find the file that contains the process-ID of the syslog(8)
daemon (hence, it configures the LDM system to use the killall(1)
utility, instead).

Do any of the following files exist on your system:

    /etc/syslog.pid
    /var/run/syslog.pid
    /var/run/syslogd.pid
    /var/run/syslogd.pid

If so, what's the output of the command "ls -l" on the file?

If not, then what's the output of the command

    ps -ef | grep syslog

In any case, what's the output of the command

    uname -a