20050927: Parallel LDM (cont.)

>From: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Christian_Pag=E9?= <address@hidden>

Hi Christian,

>io is the feeding server (io.sca.uqam.ca 132.208.133.165)
>newton is the receiving server (newton.sca.uqam.ca 132.208.133.10)
>But newton.sca.uqam.ca is not registered in the DNS yet, because the
>IP is still temporary. Would that cause problems?

It won't cause a problem just as long as there is an appropriate
'allow' line in io's ldmd.conf file for newton's IP address (or,
alternately, if you put an entry in io's /etc/hosts file that listed
newton.sca.uqam.ca as having IP address 132.208.133.10).  The fact that
there is a topo message in io's ldmd.log file shows that the connection
was made, so there was a sufficient allow.

>On newton, we also have iptables with this config:
>iptables --list
>Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT)
>target     prot opt source               destination
>RH-Firewall-1-INPUT  all  --  anywhere             anywhere
>
>Chain FORWARD (policy ACCEPT)
>target     prot opt source               destination
>RH-Firewall-1-INPUT  all  --  anywhere             anywhere
>
>Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT)
>target     prot opt source               destination
>
>Chain RH-Firewall-1-INPUT (2 references)
>target     prot opt source               destination
>ACCEPT     all  --  anywhere             anywhere
>ACCEPT     icmp --  anywhere             anywhere            icmp any
>ACCEPT     ipv6-crypt--  anywhere             anywhere
>ACCEPT     ipv6-auth--  anywhere             anywhere
>ACCEPT     udp  --  anywhere             224.0.0.251         udp dpt:5353
>ACCEPT     udp  --  anywhere             anywhere            udp dpt:ipp
>ACCEPT     all  --  anywhere             anywhere            state
>RELATED,ESTABLISHED
>ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere            state NEW
>tcp dpt:ssh
>ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere            state NEW
>tcp dpt:http
>ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere            state NEW
>tcp dpt:5910
>ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere            state NEW
>tcp dpt:ldm
>REJECT     all  --  anywhere             anywhere
>reject-with icmp-host-prohibited
>
>where ldm is port 388.

I will have to check with my system admins regarding your iptables
setup.  I am suspicious of the 'ipv6' stuff, however.

>Recreating the queues had no effect, and ldmadmin watch shows no
>product being received on newton.

OK.  Does a notifyme from newton to io show data being received on
io:

<as 'ldm' on newton>
notifyme -vxl- -f ANY -h io.sca.uqam.ca

I will have my system admins review your iptables entries and comment.
In the meantime, would it be possible to get a login to newton and io
(as 'ldm')?